Is Video Part of Your Marketing Mix for 2017?
In my last blog post I asked if your business needs a marketing makeover and I gave you six reasons why you should take a long, hard look at your marketing to see if it is still working to help you attract clients.
The six reasons were:
1. Your marketing message and where you share it could be off.
2. The way people shop and consume information has changed.
3. Your business has changed over time.
4. Technology changes could be affecting your marketing results.
5. It’s harder to grab attention.
6. It’s harder to hold attention.
One idea to address more than half of these marketing challenges is incorporate more video into your marketing. Why?
Video has become more and more important in telling your brand story and getting your message in front of your target audience. There has been a massive shift in how people consume information online and video is it!
- eMarketer says 55% of people watch an online video every day
- According to Cisco, 79% of online traffic by 2018 will be video
- According to a study by Google/Millward Brown Digital, 70% of B2B buyers and researchers are watching videos throughout their path to purchase. B2B buyers say video gives them the most info in the shortest amount of time. What they watch the most are videos about product features, followed by how-tos and professional reviews. If you aren’t producing content that helps them learn about your product or service and your brand promise, you are missing out on sales.
- Social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are aggressively promoting their video services. They need content to promote their video capability to users so accounts that are sharing and more important creating video with these platforms get rewarded with additional reach.
- Millenials love video. They grew up consuming digital information and are incredibly comfortable with video. This doesn’t just affect consumer marketing though. Half of all B2B buyers and researchers are millenials now.
To learn more about how video can help your marketing stand out, especially with social media marketing, take a look at this article where I was interviewed by Jim Kendall at the Daily Herald about How to Use Video to Boost Your Social Media Marketing.
I will also be co-presenting and sharing tips on how to get started with video marketing at the Itasca Bank & Trust Women’s Business Initiative on April 5th.
Before you make your first marketing video you need to have your Brand Story down pat. Your brand messaging needs to be crystal clear on what you do, who you do it for, and why you do it better than anyone else.
To help you nail that down, I’m giving away my ebook “10 Questions to Ask Your Customers to Identify Your Unique Brand.”
In the meantime, start thinking about you could be using video to share your story and Brand Strong™!